Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on 3fatchicks.com. These sausage patties are really good and my husband and I really liked them. The flavor is really nice with all the spices. Plus they are healthier than your typical sausage patties. A nice alternative when trying to eat well! Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dry
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, nonfat
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken broth, in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well, add chicken broth and mix again.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook patties until desired doneness. (I like mine extra browned!).
Sorry but I'm not a big fan of ground turkey (no flavor) but have been looking for a good home made sausage, this is OK but the amount of cumin was a little overbearing. I feel this would be great with ground pork and a reduced amount of cumin. *Made for fall 2009 PAC*