Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got ths wonderful recipe from Taste of Home and it was created by Sally Brassfield of California, Maryland. Sounds so yummy. I am going to try it and wanted to pass it on to all you recipe-teers so you could enjoy it too.
- 2 -3 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- In a bowl, combine first six ingedients and add a pinch of allspice.
- Add ground turkey to the bowl and mix until it's all combined.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick coating spray.
- Cook on both sides until the meat is no longer pink for about 15 - 20 minutes.
These are really good turkey sausages! I had been using another recipe that I liked, but just for a change I tried this one. This one is sooo much better. I like that it has so few ingredients, and has that yummy classic sausage taste. These taste excellent with pancakes and syrup. I made them into mini patties and froze some of them for another time.
Holy monkeys these were great! I followed the recipe exactly for the sausage, but glazed them with 100% pure maple syrup in the last 2 minutes of cooking. I can't even describe how good these little guys were. They will be going on rotation in my home from now on. Thanks for posting.
Delicious!!!! It really is the spice that makes good sausage!!!! I will use this spice mixture on some pork too when I want to splurge and make pork sausage!!!! On these, I started out with the 6 patties then I cut them in half so they would cook faster and be juicy and not dry out. Next time I will make 12 little patties out of this mix. I absolutely loved this recipe, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!