Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Looking for a tasty low fat breakfast sausage, here it is!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sodium free chicken broth
- Combine turkey and dry spices in a large bowl. Mix together throughly. Add the chicken broth, mixing well.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Form the turkey into 8 patties, approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Cook patties in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until throughly cooked.
- Makes four servings.
I've been making this for years. Thanks for putting it out there. I also add a teaspoon of fennel seed. It gives it a little extra zing.
The chicken broth is the ingredient that helps this dish!! It definitely keeps the turkey moist. I love all the seasonings also. We had this for dinner instead of breakfast. Going in the keeper file!
I loved this recipe! The flavor is wonderful. Easy to prepare too. I have this recipe in my 6 week body makeover diet. I am thrilled to know that it's posted here for others to try. This is a recipe that I will be keeping for future times. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!