Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is more like a cross between jambalaya and paella but it's a good and easy one dish meal.
Make and share this Turkey Sausage Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- cooking spray
- 2 ounces spanish chorizo sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine broth and saffron in a small saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chorizo to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Remove chorizo from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion and pepper to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Add rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and paprika; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in broth mixture and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in turkey, peas, and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.