This is more like a cross between jambalaya and paella but it's a good and easy one dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- cooking spray
- 2 ounces spanish chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine broth and saffron in a small saucepan over low heat; bring to a simmer.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 5Add chorizo to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 6Remove chorizo from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 7Add onion and pepper to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Add garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- 9Add rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10Add wine and paprika; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 11Stir in broth mixture and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- 12Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 13Gently stir in turkey, peas, and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage Paella
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
cooked turkey breast