Recipe by Dizdezi
I was looking for a healthy tasty recipe and saw a pork recipe that inspired me to try to make my own style of Jambalaya.
- 1 (20 ounce) packageof shady brook farms lean turkey sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 1 (14 ounce) boxgoya yellow Spanish rice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick frying pan brown turkey sausage (all sides) under low flame. When turkey sausage is browned, remove from pan and cut to 1/4 inch then add back in with can of Del Monte Diced tomatos, simmer on a super low flame until rice is ready. In another pot, heat olive oil add garlic and onion until golden (do not brown) then add chopped up red pepper and saute about a minute or two. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, bring to a boil and add Goya Yellow Spanish Rice and follow rice instructions minus 5 minutes. Add rice mixture to turkey sausage mixture, mix well and cook for 5 minutes under low flame then serve.