Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy recipe that I enjoy making when I know I won't have a lot of time to cook. I also enjoy adding a few veggies to put a twist on it from time to time. If you like your jambalaya spicy, add 1/4-1/2 tsp. of Tabasco sauce to give it the kick you're looking for. I've also subsitute andouille turkey sausage which really kicks up the flavor.
- 12 ounces turkey sausage, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat sausage, garlic, and peppers until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for green onions) and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions before serving.
This was easy and great! I chopped the green and red pepper instead of slicing. We also added some chopped celery. We used garlic and sundried tomato sausage and it was great. We were very generous with the hot sauce b/c we love the heat. We will definately make this again!
Yummy. When I was cooking it I thought it might be too much for me and my wife, but it turned out to be a good amount for us to have some left over. It was nicely spicy and altogether good.