Recipe by JazzraV
I got this recipe from Pilgrims Pride, but changed the Beef sausage to Turkey sausage, and added some of my own seasonings. My family absolutely loved it!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 cup dried parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in oil until browned; set aside.
- Cook turkey, bell pepper, onions and garlic until the turkey is lightly browned; drain.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, Creole seasoning and sausage.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water; cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.