Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
You know me, I am always trying to find an easier, somewhat healthier way to make those all-time favorite foods. Obviously, when it comes to the salt and pepper, you can use more or less to taste. I have been told I have bland taste buds, so my amounts may leave you wanting more. The cinnamon stick comes from a game I play with my kids. Whoever gets the cinnamon stick on their plate wins!
- 1 lb turkey sausage, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon maple extract
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Cook biscuits according to package instructions.
- In a large frying pan, brown sausage. Do not drain yet!
- Add maple extract and stir well to ensure it is distributed evenly.
- Drain to remove any fat (not that there is much using turkey). Return sausage to pan.
- Add skim milk and bring to a soft boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cornstarch and simmer to thicken.
- Add seasonings and cinnamon stick.
- Serve over biscuits.