Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You know me, I am always trying to find an easier, somewhat healthier way to make those all-time favorite foods. Obviously, when it comes to the salt and pepper, you can use more or less to taste. I have been told I have bland taste buds, so my amounts may leave you wanting more. The cinnamon stick comes from a game I play with my kids. Whoever gets the cinnamon stick on their plate wins!
- Cook biscuits according to package instructions.
- In a large frying pan, brown sausage. Do not drain yet!
- Add maple extract and stir well to ensure it is distributed evenly.
- Drain to remove any fat (not that there is much using turkey). Return sausage to pan.
- Add skim milk and bring to a soft boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cornstarch and simmer to thicken.
- Add seasonings and cinnamon stick.
- Serve over biscuits.