Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Turkey Sausage Gravy recipe goes great with a package of Buttermilk Biscuits.
- 7 links turkey breakfast sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove casings from breakfast sausage and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add sausage and use a spatula or wooden spoon to break sausage into small pieces as it cooks completely - approximately 5 minutes.
- Add half of the skim milk and continue cooking.
- Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Meanwhile place the rest of the milk and the flour in a jar or other container and shake thoroughly to get the lumps out.
- Add to sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until gravy is desired thickness. (Gravy will thicken as it heats up).
- Add pepper.
- Serve hot over biscuits.