Prep 1 hr
Cook 22 mins
This is a diet type Foccacia. Goes well with grilled peppers, sausage and polenta.
- 1 2⁄3 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 3⁄4-4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ounces link fat free turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine the water and sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle in the yeast and let stand until just beginning to foam, about 2 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons oil.
- Combine flour and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture.
- Stir flour into the liquid with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape all dough onto a floured board. While kneading, add flour gradually , enough to keep it from sticking.
- Knead for 8-9 minutes.
- Let rest in a bowl sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spray the top of the dough also.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise till double about 40 minutes.
- Cook sausage, breaking up into small bits. Let cool completely.
- Combine tomato, parmesan, rosemary and sausage in a small dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray a large jelly roll pan 10.5 x 15.5" with nonstick spray.
- Punch down dough on board.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of tomato, parmesan, rosemary and sausage on the surface of the dough, spreading with fingertips.
- Fold dough over itself to cover the mixture.
- Repeat until all is mixed inches.
- Press into pan.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove and immediately brush with the remaining 1 tsp oil and sprinke with 1/4 teaspoons salt.