10 hrs 40 mins
My sister made this and I got to sample it. Adapted from BHG recipe. I love sweet potatoes and thought it was very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g smoked turkey sausage
- 680.38 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 473.18 ml beef broth (may use low-sodium)
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1Cut sausage in half lenghthwise, then slice into 1-inch slices.
- 2Add sausage, sweet potato, bell pepper, celery, onion, and tapioca to a 4-quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
- 3Add the chickpeas, undrained tomatoes, beef broth, and worcestershire sauce.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage and Sweet Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 1159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with garlic