Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My sister made this and I got to sample it. Adapted from BHG recipe. I love sweet potatoes and thought it was very good.
Top Review by Susie DeWitt
I also enjoyed this unusual and healthful stew. The only change I made was to use sweet Italian sausage, which I browned first. We like stew fairly thick so I also added some corn starch at the end.
- 680.38 g smoked turkey sausage
- 680.38 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (822.13 g) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 473.18 ml beef broth (may use low-sodium)
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage in half lenghthwise, then slice into 1-inch slices.
- Add sausage, sweet potato, bell pepper, celery, onion, and tapioca to a 4-quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas, undrained tomatoes, beef broth, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.