Recipe by Chef Luvfood
Simple, quick and healthy--Oktoberfest in a skillet!
Top Review by BigTiki007
This dish is a WINNER! It's July and I've fixed this meal twice in one week! Can't get enough and it's VERY healthy. Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm back in late August with an update; This is great for weight loss. I've had this now 8 time and it's easy on the waistline! I keep adding the stickers of the apples (from the store) onto my recipe printout it looks really funny, but that's how I keep track.
- 2 lbs hillshire farm turkey kielbasa
- 27 ounces sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy brown mustard
- 2 mcintosh apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the turkey kielbasa into bite sized pieces (can be partially frozen) and set aside.
- heat large skillet on medium heat. Add the kraut, brown sugar, mustard, and apples. Place the kielbasa on top. Poor the beer over.
- Put a lid on the skillet and cook until heated and the apples are tender. Approximately 10 minutes.
- I like to serve this with roasted red potatoes.