Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This omelet is made with Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage, but you can use any low fat or turkey sausage you choose.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 14.79 ml skim milk
- 59.14 ml turkey sausage, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 slice fat free cheese (your choice)
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- Add eggs and milk in small bowl beat well.
- Heat small egg pan on medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil, onion, and sausage. Cook for 5 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked.
- Remove sausage from pan to small bowl.
- Reheat pan and add 1 tsp oil. Add eggs and cook omelet on both sides.
- Top eggs with sausage on one side, top with cheese. Fold omelete onto plate.
- Serve with whole wheat toast.
A very easy omelet with great taste and healthy too! I used turkey links cut up and subbed a diced green onion for the chopped onion. Made for "September Photo Challenge : BREAKFAST ANYTIME "