Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe comes from the new cookbook by weight watchers. 2 points per serving serve with salad and garlic bread.
- 113.39 g Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml dried oregano leaves
- Spray large skillet with Pam cooking spray and heat skillet.
- Add sausage and stir frequently until no longer pink 5-6 minutes.
- Add bell peppers,onion,broth, garlic, pepper flakes and oregano. Saute all together for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes more.
I used this recipe ... loosely to try to replicate a family favorite (minus polenta). I placed the sausage, peppers, onion and garlic in a baking dish and added one small zucchini and one small summer squash. I drizzled with 1T of olive oil and sprinkled with 1 T. Italian seasoning. Baked 375 convection for 20 minutes, flipped the sausage and baked 20 more. I added 1 28 oz. can Cento crushed tomatoes and stirred and placed back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Served on a flatbread like a sausage sandwich it points out to 7 points per full sausage serving. (5 for one sausage and vegetables only) Got great reviews from my 5th generation Italian-American kids!
Sorry, can't give more than 3 stars: 1 oz of protein is not a serviing, so the recipe is not for an entree but a side with an accent of turkey sausage. Instead used 10 oz. of Shady Brook low-fat Italian turkey sausage instead, which was acceptable as an entree, and added more garlic and red pepper flakes to DH's taste. Next time (there will be a next time!) I will partially freeze the turkey sausage for 30 minutes to get cleaner slices. Served this over microwaved brown rice. A big hit for DH!
Man...I LOVED THIS!!!!! I'm not following Weight Watchers...but was looking for something to make with sausage and peppers. Found this and decided to give it a try. I increased the crushed red peppers and increased the broth to 1 cup. I increased the sausage to 1 pound and I also added about 4 cloves of garlic and only used 2 peppers. Served this over wheat rotini with a bit of parmesan on top and we ALL loved it! Including 4 and 6 year old! I would honestly say this goes into one of my top recipes of all time. I used hot turkey italian sausage for the meat. Wonderful! Perfect instructions and incredible flavor. GREAT RECIPE!!!!