Recipe by Katie'sMama
A very simple crock-pot soup, utilizing turkey sausage and some cans of beans I had on hand. I serve this with Irish Soda Bread.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 cups water
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan, saute sausage and onion until sausage has browned. Drain.
- In crockpot, mix water and dressing mix. Add kidney and garbanzo beans, and black-eyed peas.
- Add sausage and onion to crockpot.
- Simmer on low 3-4 hours, or until heated through.