4 hrs 15 mins
A very simple crock-pot soup, utilizing turkey sausage and some cans of beans I had on hand. I serve this with Irish Soda Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 cups water
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1Heat oil in a medium frying pan, saute sausage and onion until sausage has browned. Drain.
- 2In crockpot, mix water and dressing mix. Add kidney and garbanzo beans, and black-eyed peas.
- 3Add sausage and onion to crockpot.
- 4Simmer on low 3-4 hours, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 429.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot Italian turkey sausage
Italian salad dressing mix