Recipe by Merry Cook
Good recipe for making your own turkey sausage!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
There was no way to email you, so I'm posting here thank you for your kind review of my turkey sausage patties #100408. This spin-off you created sounds yummy! When I make it, I'll edit this to add stars and a review.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sage (or poultry seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (whole or ground)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for mild heat)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves or 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and blend well by mashing with a fork.
- Refrigerate in a covered container overnight to let spice flavors develop and absorb into the meat.
- You can form the meat into patties, or cook into crumbles for pizza toppings. Cook meat in a skillet with a tablespoon of margerine over meduim heat - cook just until juices run clear.
- The uncooked meat can be added to your favorite meatloaf or meatball recipes, or freeze the meat for use latter.
- Prep time is the time it takes to "rest" in the refrigerator.