Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Local recipe. Local [stolen] recipe... Original sandwich is served on sourdough bread although multi-grain is good, too! Use either your own roasted turkey or rotisserie roasted turkey from the grocery store, but NOT packaged deli meat. The cashews are stirred into the cream cheese mixture in the original recipe but I added them separately.
- 8 slices sourdough bread or 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 slices roasted turkey breast (about 12 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- *In a bowl combine the cream cheese spread ingredients.
- Toast the bread; spread all slices with the cream cheese mixture. Garnish with the cashews.
- Add one slice of turkey to each sandwich.
- Put bread slices together and cut in half or quarters.
- *TIP: If the cranberries have hardened, place in a small bowl with hot water. Soak for about 2-3 minutes or until softened. Drain.
Great spread! I tossed the cashews into the spread and used sourdough bread, as recommended. I had mini-slices of sourdough, so I made little finger sandwiches. I added some spinach and mixed greens to each, and it was great! Thanks for sharing.