Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful turkey sandwich complimented with a cranberry rosemary aioli. Flavorful yet low fat. From The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook by Devin Alexander, author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary (to taste)
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 3 3⁄4 ounces extra-lean shaved turkey (low-sodium preferred)
- 1 leaf lettuce, red or 1 leaf lettuce, green
- Whisk the cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and rosemary in a small bowl, until smooth and well combined.
- Place on slice of bread on a plate. Pile the turkey evenly on top of it. add the lettuce. Spread the cranberry mixture evenly over the second slice of bread and then flip the slice atop the sandwich. Serve immediately, or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nice and light, but yummy. I made mini sandwiches using Hawaiian Sweet Wheat Rolls and they turned out great. Did add some sliced cheese. I think the mini versions would be great as party food.
Yummo, this was a very delicious sandwich. I used white bread as it was all I had at home and then kept to the recipe. I added the aioli on both breads as I love a "juicy" sandwich. The lettuces gave it a great crunch and the rosemary in the aioli gave it a very floral flavour. Thank you for posting your recipe Crafty Lady 13