Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
great summer sandwich - recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, sliced vertically
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 12 ounces turkey breast, sliced
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced
- 2 cups watercress, trimmed
- Place first 6 ingredients in blender, process until smooth.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and sugar, cook 8 minutes or until onion is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Cut bread loaf in half horizontally; spread pepper mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Layer turkey, fontina cheese, onion, and watercress over the bottom half of loaf; top with remaining loaf half.