Recipe by GaylaJ
After picking up a loaf of King's Hawaiian bread on a whim, I went searching for a sandwich recipe to use it in for Super Bowl eats. I found this one on the King's Hawaiian site and decided to try it since it is simple, and I had everything already on hand except for the dressing. I used Miller's Bacon Ranch Dressing, and the bacon flavor added a nice touch. I enjoy sandwiches of this type that serve several people, and I like that this one includes spinach. I think a clove or two of minced garlic would be a nice addition to the spinach mixture, but it does seem like I may just have a problem cooking without involving garlic. :)
- 1 (16 ounce) Hawaiian bread (or other round, unsliced loaf)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 10 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes, diced (mine were a bit large, so I used 3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice top off of bread and set aside; carefully hollow out loaf leaving 1 inch of sides and bottom (reserve removed bread for other use).
- Brush inside and top of bread with dressing, then line bottom of shell with turkey.
- Toss together 1/2 cup cheese, spinach, onion and tomatoes; spoon over meat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Replace top, then wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing foil and slicing into wedges.
- Can be served hot or cold.