Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was modified from one I found in the Quaker Oats "All-Time Any Time Recipes" book. Its so easy, it hardly classifies as cooking. Note that this works well with ground venison or ground beef, too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup oats (quick cooking or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa (any salsa is OK, spicy or mild)
- 2 -3 tablespoons ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients, except the ketchup, in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pack the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan. Drizzle ketchup over meatloaf.
- Bake (uncovered) 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Delicious and easy! Tastes great with beef or venison, too! As a low-carb eater, I prefer meatloaf with oatmeal to recipes that call for bread crumbs.