Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For a nice light supper or lunch after the holidays. Serve with warm rolls or croissants. Allow for several hours of chilling time.
- 3 cups roasted cooked turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small green apples, unpeeled cored, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- butter lettuce, for lining plates
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chervil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing: whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To make the salad: in a large mixing bowl, combine the roast turkey breast and next 5 ingredients; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours so that flavors will blend.
- To serve: line salad plates with butter lettuce leaves.
- Divide turkey mixture evenly among plates.