Prep 35 mins
Cook 27 mins
Great for Thanksgiving leftovers. From Southern Living.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium granny smith apples or 1 medium braeburn apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 large yeast dinner rolls, cubed (about 3 1/4 cups cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large serving bowl. Top salad with Garlic Croutons, and serve with Cranberry Vinaigrette.
- Garlic Croutons:.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.
- Spread bread cubes in an even layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 300° for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally. Spread in a single layer on wax paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- Cranberry Viniagrette:.
- Stir together first 7 ingredients until blended. Stir in olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well blended.