Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from the Can Opener Gourmet by Laura Karr. A Mid West, New England, and Canadian recipe!
- 283.49 g can cooked turkey, drained (or turkey leftovers)
- 113.39 g water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml chopped toasted pecans (optional) or 59.14 ml walnuts (optional)
Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 177.44 ml salad oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 0.59 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml canned whole cranberry sauce
- To make salad, mix all of the ingredients together until they're well coated.
- To toast pecans, heat in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- Or toast on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree F.
- oven for about 5 minutes.
- To make vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients and process in a blender until smooth.
- Place the turkey salad on a bed of lettuce or toast, then drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Both the salad and the vinaigrette may be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Yield: 4 servings.