Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe is from the Can Opener Gourmet by Laura Karr. A Mid West, New England, and Canadian recipe!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with left over turkey breast & thigh meat & really enjoyed the toasted nuts that were included & the crunch that the chopped water chestnuts provided! Easy to prepare & definitely a winning recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 (10 ounce) can cooked turkey, drained (or turkey leftovers)
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup canned whole cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- To make salad, mix all of the ingredients together until they're well coated.
- To toast pecans, heat in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- Or toast on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree F.
- oven for about 5 minutes.
- To make vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients and process in a blender until smooth.
- Place the turkey salad on a bed of lettuce or toast, then drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Both the salad and the vinaigrette may be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Yield: 4 servings.