This recipe is from the Can Opener Gourmet by Laura Karr. A Mid West, New England, and Canadian recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can cooked turkey, drained (or turkey leftovers)
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional) or 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1To make salad, mix all of the ingredients together until they're well coated.
- 2To toast pecans, heat in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- 3Or toast on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree F.
- 4oven for about 5 minutes.
- 5To make vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients and process in a blender until smooth.
- 6Place the turkey salad on a bed of lettuce or toast, then drizzle with vinaigrette.
- 7Both the salad and the vinaigrette may be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 8Yield: 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Salad With Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.3
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 424.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar