Recipe by Bobtail
This is another delicious warm weather salad from my Pillsbury cook booklet from 1990. It is delicious and makes a pretty presentation. So refreshing!!! Hope you enjoy!!!
Top Review by Lynn Zee
I have been making this salad since the 90's. It is always a hit wherever I take it. My only suggetion is when adding the mandarin oranges do so at the very end as too much stirring breaks up the segments. Other than that I highly recommend trying it for your next BBQ.
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, in own juice,drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- lettuce, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to desired doneness, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients, mixing well.
- To serve, pour dressing over salad mixture and toss gently.
- You may wish to serve salad on pieces of lettuce.