I had leftover turkey and wanted something a bit different then my normal turkey salad. Just kind of grabbed what I thougth would go together and it turned out very tasty. The ingredients are all rough measure and please feel free to add a bit more or less of any one thing. I used a mix of white and dark meat, heavier on the white. The salad dressing I use is Mircale whip so please use mayo if you wish. I didn't add salt since the macadamias were salted so add as much as you like. The serving size is just a guess depending on how you serve it.
- 2 cups cut up cooked turkey
- 1⁄8 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 cup chopped macadamias (roasted salted kind)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced dried mango
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon very finely diced crystallized ginger
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- You may want to add a bit more salad dressing.
- Let chill for at least an hour to let the flavours blend.
- You don't have to chill and can serve when made but the longer it sit the better the flavour.
- I just served this as a scoop with other salads but it could be used in a wrap or roll etc.
This was really good....I loved the crystallized ginger in it. I used chicken instead of turkey, but other than that I made it exactly as posted. Its great over salad greens, and equally as good in a wrap. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe. Made for Newest Tag game.