This is an attractive looking salad. I like to serve this for ladies luncheons in the summer for a light and refreshing meal. Its always loved by all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook orzo as directed on pkg., drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2Cut each cantaloupe into six wedges; remove seeds.
- 3Remove melon from rind; cut melon into 1 inch pieces.
- 4Measure 3 cups.
- 5To fashion bow on rind wedge, cut a 1/8 inch strip of rind starting from both points of wedge up to but not through the center of the wedge.
- 6Curl cut strips of rind under; tuck under attached center portion.
- 7Secure with toothpick halves, pushing them almost completely into melon.
- 8Wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
- 9In large bowl, combine oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and orange peel; blend well.
- 10Add turkey; stir to coat.
- 11Add 3 cups cantaloupe, orzo, celery, grapes and mayonnaise; mix well.
- 12Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- 13Just before serving, stir in cashew halves.
- 14Place cantaloupe wedges on lettuce lined serving plates; spoon 3/4 cup salad into each wedge.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Salad in Cantaloupe Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 415.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: