Recipe by mommyoffour
This is an attractive looking salad. I like to serve this for ladies luncheons in the summer for a light and refreshing meal. Its always loved by all.
- 7 3⁄4 ounces orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 large cantaloupes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cashew halves
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo as directed on pkg., drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cut each cantaloupe into six wedges; remove seeds.
- Remove melon from rind; cut melon into 1 inch pieces.
- Measure 3 cups.
- To fashion bow on rind wedge, cut a 1/8 inch strip of rind starting from both points of wedge up to but not through the center of the wedge.
- Curl cut strips of rind under; tuck under attached center portion.
- Secure with toothpick halves, pushing them almost completely into melon.
- Wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
- In large bowl, combine oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and orange peel; blend well.
- Add turkey; stir to coat.
- Add 3 cups cantaloupe, orzo, celery, grapes and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in cashew halves.
- Place cantaloupe wedges on lettuce lined serving plates; spoon 3/4 cup salad into each wedge.