Recipe by Olha
Unmold onto a bed of lettuce or fresh spinach, and garnish. You can use chicken also instead of turkey meat.
- 4 quarts cooked turkey, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar (divided)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- olive (black or green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, celery, scallions, and almonds with ¼ cup vinegar and chill in refrigerator.
- Beat together until well blended olive oil, ¼ cup vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Add this to chilled turkey mixture and mix well. Then add chopped eggs, mayonnaise, and capers. Taste and add any additional seasonings required. Pack into one oiled 4 quart mold or two 2 quart molds and chill for several hours. Unmold onto a bed of lettuce or fresh spinach, and garnish. Parsley, watercress, olives (black or green), pimientos, for garnishing. 50 servings.
- Yankee Church Supper Cookbook.