Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great combination of apple, mushrooms and spinach with a hint of lemon as a filling for the roulade. Taken from Light & Tasty.
- 1 cup tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 (8 ounce) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the apple, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the spinach, lemon juice, lemon peel, 1/4 tsp salt and nutmeg.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Remove plastic; sprinkle turkey with pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread spinach mixture over tenderloins to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string.
- Place egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Dip roulades in egg, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Let roulades stand for 5 minutes before slicing.