Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely brunch dish from the River Road Recipes cookbook of the Junior League of Baton Rouge posted in response to a recipe request.
- 6 slices toasted bread
- 6 slices thin cooked ham
- 6 slices thin cooked turkey (white meat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce Poulette:Heat one tablespoon of the butter; add flour and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and add salt, pepper, and parsley sprigs.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the parsley.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and blend in the egg yolks.
- Add lemon juice, chopped parsley, the remaining tablespoon of butter and the drained mushrooms.
- On each slice of toast, place one slice of ham and one of turkey.
- Cover with Sauce Poulette.
- Serve hot.