Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Take turkey back from the holidays and start making it weekday fare. This turkey roast cooks up juicy and tender in the crock pot. And the leftovers make amazing sandwiches. From the Most Loved Slow Cooker Creations cookbook.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 2⁄3 cups sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons italian sodium-free seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer carrots and celery, in order given, in 3 1/2 to 4 quart crock pot.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large frying pan on medium. Add onion. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is softened and starting to brown. Add to crock pot.
- Combine minced garlic, 1 tsp olive oil, paprika and pepper in small dish.
- Rub spice mixture on turkey breast roast. Place over onions in crock pot.
- Pour broth around roast. Sprinkle with Italian sodium-free seasoning. Cook, covered, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Transfer meat to cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir evaporated milk into flour in small bowl until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir. Cook, coered on high for about 15 minutes until boiling and slightly thickened. Cut roast into thin slices. Arrange on serving platter. Spoon vegetables and sauce over top.