Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A warm and hearty ww winter meal. Made this after the holidays one year, and then "lost" the recipe. Adapted from a BH&G slow cooker recipe, originally for chicken. I used leftover turkey and broth.
- 3 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 12 ounces turkey, cooked
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Put all ingredients in crock pot, EXCEPT cream of mushroom soup.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Add mushroom soup and cook for additional 10 minutes.