Recipe by Maryland Jim
Here is a neat recipe for using up that left over Thanksgiving turkey. It's from an old BHG cookbook.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was good. It was easy to make It doesn't have too many eggs in it. This would be a good recipe to take to pot lucks. I didn't make the cheese sauce with a can of soup. I made it with half and half and some cheese. It worked out well. Thanks Jim for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '09
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped drained cooked spinach
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion, and tops
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Cheddar cheese sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Substituting chicken broth for water, cook rice accoridng to package directions, omitting salt and butter.
- Stir cheese and 2 tablespoons butter into hot rice.
- Add next 3 ingredients; mix well.
- Beat eggs well; add with 1 1/2 cups milk to rice mixture. Blend lightly.
- Turn into well-greased 12X7X2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cut into squares; serve with Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce:.
- Blend cheese soup with milk in saucepan. Heat thoroughly.