Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for leftover turkey.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canchopped water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, made without flavor packet (mixture wild and white)
- 3 cups cut up turkey
- Brown sausage, remove from skillet.
- Saute mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts in drippings.
- Drain grease leaving 4 tablespoons.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk and 2-1/2 cups chicken broth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, and spices.
- Boil 3-3/4 cup chicken broth.
- Add rice, simmer covered until done.
- Combine with turkey, pour sauce over and mix.
- Bake in a casserole dish at 350 deg. for 30 minute.