Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was something I made up a long time ago when I was single and was down to just a few ingredients in my cupboard...It can be made in many variations, including changing the meats, the type of rice, and adding anything else you like, including vegetables. I like to top it with melted cheese...usually cheddar or mozarella. Whatever your tastes, you can tweak this to suit you. Its very yummy and very easy!
- 2 cups rice (your choice)
- 1 lb ground turkey (can be substituted with your favorite ground meat)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (estimated)
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker, if you have one, according to the cooker's directions -- Or in a pot according to the box directions.
- Brown the turkey, pour a splash of soy sauce in for flavor.
- When turkey and rice are both done, top the rice with the turkey, splash some more soy sauce on it and serve. I often sprinkle grated cheddar or mozarella cheese on top and melt in the microwave for an added yummy touch. :).