Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Reubens are my all time favorite sandwich. Unfortunately, they didn't fit into my new eating style when I joined Weight Watchers. That is it didn't fit until I found this recipe. A tasty, healthy alternative to a regular Reuben sandwich. 8 points per serving for Weight Watchers. I am sorry this recipe isn't core.
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons sauerkraut, well drained
- 6 ounces deli turkey, sliced
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- Preheat toaster oven to 400.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon mustard and 1 tablespoon 1000 Island; Divide the suarkraut and turkey evenly between 2 of the bread slices; Top each with 1 slice of cheese and remaining slice of bread; Place sandwiches on a baking sheet or toaster oven sheet and bake until cheese melts and sandwiches are hot, about 6 minutes.
i used non fat spray and not fat butter and grilled in the pan and it turned out great.....thanks