Recipe by King Salmon
Healthy and tasty version of great lunch standard. Quick to make. Easy to take as microwave-able box lunch. Adapted from Eating for Life p293
Top Review by chef FIFI
I made these today for lunch. However I did admend it to my taste and technique, example I used wheat bread and did not put mustard on mine and I pan browned them with a little bit of margarine on them, and they were pretty good. Thanks for the recipe.
- spicy mustard, to taste
- 1 pita pocket bread
- 1 slice swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 4 ounces smoked turkey, deli sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sauerkraut, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pita in microwave for 15 seconds to soften.
- Cut pita in half along the longer axis.
- Divide Turkey, Cheese and Saurerkraut in half.
- Place one half of each ingredient inside one of the pita pockets.
- Place pitas on microwaveable plate.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Season with spicy mustard to taste.