Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a good easy sandwich to make anytime on the grill or stove.
- 8 slices thin-slice rye bread
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free thousand island salad dressing
- 8 (1/2 ounce) thin slices reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces deli low-sodium turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread one side of each bread slice evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons dressing. Place one cheese slice on dressed side of each of four bread slices; top each with 1 tablespoon sauerkraut and 2 ounces turkey.
- Top each sandwich with 1 cheese slice and 1 bread slice, dressed side down. Coat the outside of the sandwich (top and bottom) with butter. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches to pan. Place a food press on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten sandwiches.Leave press on sandwiches while they cook. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese melts.