Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from: Celebrate! Healthy Entertaining for any Occasion, an American Cancer Society Cookbook.
- 59.16 ml thousand island dressing, divided (I use non fat kraft)
- 177.44 ml sauerkraut
- 8 slice dark pumpernickel bread
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- 4 slice swiss cheese (I use low fat)
- 226.79 g turkey breast
- cooking spray
- Spread dressing on one side of each slice of the bread.
- Layer sandwiches:turkey breast, sauerkraut, caraway seeds and cheese.
- Cover with a second piece of bread.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to med-high; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place sandwich in pan.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Spray top side of sandwich, flip and cook an additional minute until crispy and cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly and cut in half.
Wow this was really good and I am so glad I finally tried this! I used Arnold's Melba Thin rye bread and smoked deli turkey. I made the recipe as posted with the exception of using thousand dressing (personal preference). I reduced the amounts to make one sandwich. This made for a quick and easy lunch and will be in my regular lunch rotation. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious sandwiches which are a snap to make. Thanks for sharing!
This was GREAT! FIRST rate, true! This is also a comfort food too! Can also substitute shaved corned beef, The memories eating this was beyond belief! THANKS!