Recipe by hellokitty
Perfect for using up those Thanksgiving leftovers! Recipe courtesy Alton Brown.
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (or can use leftover corn bread, stuffing, etc)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lean ground turkey, cooked (or can use leftover turkey cut into little pieces)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sausage in a heavy skillet over medium high heat and cook until the sausage begins to render some of its fat, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sausage has sweated out its juices, add the onions, jalapenos and peppers and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and increase the heat to high. Cook until the potatoes have browned lightly.
- Add the black beans, bread (or corn bread), and turkey and stir occasionally. Cook until the hash is thoroughly heated. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.