Recipe by internetnut
This came from Happy Food: Mood Lifting Recipes. I haven't tried this recipe, just posting for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage patties
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed for 3 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook onion and breakfast sausage until cooked through and sausage is crumbled.
- Layer on bottom of pie plate. Chop cooked broccoli and make that the next layer.
- Whisk together the egg beaters, milk, and hot sauce.
- Top with jalapeno slices.
- Pour into pie pan or 8"-inch baking square, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 33 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is slightly browned.