Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Picked this recipe up in one of the stores
- 8 ounces fresh ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, shells 7 inch
- 2 cups crumbled queso fresco
- Brown turkey and onion in skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in black beans.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture on each half of each tortilla.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 4 folded tortillas to fit in single layer.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Press down with spatula to flatten.
- Cook remaining tortillas.
- Cut each folded tortillas in half to form quesadilla quarters.
These are so yummy and so good for you! Used gorganzola cheese, but otherwise stuck with the recipe as written. Served with sour cream and salsa. We actually made a batch and kept in the refrigerator for the teens in the house. Photo will follow after technical difficulties are ironed out. :-) Made for 8th Photo Swap.
Great snack, or lunch, and quick as a wink to put together. We sure had enough turkey left over, and this was a perfect way to use it! I used pico de gallo alongside, with some salsa, and did use the queso fresco, which, was just delicious! I just re/warmed the turkey up and chopped well. Yum! Thanks so much! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009
A hearty, healthy, EASY lunch or snack! Delicious with salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. Didn't have queso fresco, so subbed mozzarella.