Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy twist on a classic
Make and share this Turkey Pumpkin Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground white turkey meat or 1 lb dark turkey meat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 lb spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Add spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.