Recipe by pink cook
This is a good recipe to use turkey leftovers preparing this delicious stew soup. Enjoy it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips (or use Anaheim green peppers)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups turkey broth (or use Chicken Broth)
- 4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (4 ounce) can green peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- water, if needed (or add more broth)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven (or pot), heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and poblano peppers in oil until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for one or two more minutes.
- Stir in turkey broth, cooked turkey, baby carrots, canned green chile peppers and hominy.
- Add water if more liquid is needed to just cover everything in the pot.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour or less, until everything is well seasoned and carrots cooked.
- Serve warm with shredded cabbage, crisp tortilla chips and some lemon juice, if you like.
- Nutrition Per serving: Calories 412 Protein 33.8g Total Fat 10.5g Sodium 1158mg Cholesterol 53mg Carbohydrates 45.2g, Fiber 10g.