Recipe by Tebo
Another way to use up some of that left over turkey. A bit of work cooking the mushrooms, onions and noodles, but it comes together quickly when that is done. Economical and tasty. Can also be assembled to the baking stage and refrigerated up to 6 hours before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons shortening (or other fat)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups broth, preferably chicken
- 1 cup grated cheese, a sharp cheese not a mild cheese
- 8 ounces cooked noodles, your choice
- 2 -3 cups cooked turkey
- 8 ounces fried mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry mushrooms and onion in a little oil til tender.
- Cook noodles until tender.
- Make a white sauce with first 3 ingredients.
- Add cheese, noodles, turkey, mushrooms, onion& oregano.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.