Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are golden and crispy, such a great way to use leftover turkey. Good with ketchup, or cranberry sauce. Could even be used in a bun like a hamburger.
- Beat eggs.
- Stir in potatoes, turkey, onions, flour and salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Measure mixture by 1/3 cupfuls and put in hot oil.
- Flatten a bit (carefully!).
- Fry approximately 5 minutes on each side until potatoes are tender and cakes are golden brown on both sides.
This was pretty good. To avoid needing to go shopping to make this, I used what I had in the house already. So I used left over roasted chicken instead of the turkey. I wanted my toddler to have veggies so I shreaded cabbage that I need to use up in it as well with little bit of parsley. I didn't have what I think are green onions (not a gourmet chef), so I just used what I guess is just called yellow onions. My only concern about this recipe, unless I misunderstood the directions, is the amount of cooking oil needed to make it. I used olive oil, as that is what I had in the house and I think, from what I have seen, that may be healthier of the oils. Not sure. My toddler seemed to enjoy the taste of it and this was a good way to get him to eat eggs as he doesn't seem to like regularly cooked eggs. Thank you for the recipe.