1 hr 5 mins
All that leftover Thanksgiving dinner but tired of just leftovers...than try this leftover turkey dinner pot pie. I use a variation of veggies depending on what we have for the big dinner (This year we used carrots, corn and and asparagus). This recipe can be made in small individual size pie pans or in a large pie pan as well. I have taken several recipes and tweaked it to my own liking. This can also be prepared in advance and frozen once assembled and baked at a later day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry dough, for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, thawed if using frozen veggies
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- season with salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons gravy (OPTIONAL-I used leftover gravy for sauce, helpful)
- to thicken potpie gravy
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Line bottom of pie pan with crust. (Spray with NonStick to prevent sticking).
- 3In a skillet saute the chopped onion until slightly soft and set aside.
- 4Mix together the turkey or chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, soup and
- 5milk in saute pan. Cook ingriendients til pot pie sauce begins to boil.
- 6Pour into pie crust, cover with top crust and crimp edges. Poke holes in
- 7top crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 8When done, let set for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Served with leftover mash potatoes/sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and salad! Great meal to help deplete all those leftovers with a twist.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pot Pie With Leftovers
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 674.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g